Having a refreshed face and improving early signs of aging can bring your confidence level to where you want it to be, giving you a huge step up in your personal, social, and work life.
Small Name, Big Rejuvenation
The mini facelift earns its name from addressing only the lower half of the face. This means that the procedure is done to correct mild to moderate sagging facial skin or lax jowls, deep nasolabial folds, and wrinkles in the area. This facelift is less invasive than a full facelift, but achieves significant improvement in the right patients.
Key Benefits of a Mini Facelift
The mini facelift lifts and tightens the exterior skin layer only, meaning recovery is less demanding than a full facelift. This procedure defines the jawline more, delivers a more youthful neckline, and improves the overall appearance of the face.
- A tighter, smoother appearance to the lower portion of the face
- Less swelling, bruising, and recovery time than a full facelift
- Minimal scarring because incisions are more easily hidden
- Costs less than a traditional facelift
- Very natural-looking, as the skin is pulled very slightly
- Results that are subtle yet significant
The Mini Facelift Procedure
A mini facelift can be performed either under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. Dr. Beck will carefully start the incision at the temporal hairline. The incision will be made there and go down to the front of the ear and then around the earlobe, where it stops in the crease behind the ear. This incision is shorter than a full facelift incision, which results in less visibility after healing.
What to Expect After Surgery
The recovery from a mini facelift will be different for every patient, but one to two weeks is average. Swelling and bruising will subside over two weeks, and some are able to use makeup to hide bruising after just one week. Light activities can typically be continued in one week, but more intense activities will need to wait until we clear you (usually three weeks). Early results will be apparent in the first two to three weeks following surgery, with long-term results progressing over the next six months. Results can last up to 15 years.
Who is a Candidate?
The mini facelift is excellent for those who:
- Don’t yet need a full facelift
- Are looking for subtle, refreshed rejuvenation
- Still have good skin elasticity
- Have aesthetic concerns about the lower half of the face
- Want to improve mild to moderate sagging skin and jowl laxity
- Want to improve deep nasolabial folds or marionette lines
- Want to improve wrinkles in the lower face
- Have realistic expectations for the mini facelift
Why Choose Beck Aesthetic Surgery?
Working with artistry, integrity, and passion, Dr. Joel Beck celebrates your existing beauty by correcting the signs of aging that are distracting from it. With over two decades in practice, he has earned a reputation for excellence in aesthetic plastic surgery. He is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is also a member of the CSPS, ACS, and ASPS and is well known for his exceptional results, warmth, and genuine care. Dr. Beck provides patients a place to go where they can be heard and listened to with honesty and professionalism. It’s his goal to safely deliver the results you need to enhance your confidence, wellbeing, and life.