Beautiful breasts are full, shapely, and in balance with the rest of the body. While many women want larger breasts, others have breasts that are disproportionately large. At Beck Aesthetic Surgery, Dr. Beck performs breast reduction in Charlotte, NC to reduce the size of overly large breasts, while improving shape and position, often including repositioning and reshaping nipples.
How Is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed?
Dr. Beck, a board-certified plastic surgeon, removes excess fat, tissue, and skin through the incisions, reshapes the breasts, and repositions the nipples. Although they are repositioned, the nipples remain attached to blood vessels and nerves to preserve sensation. Dr. Beck has the natural artistry and technical skills to produce spectacular, body-transforming results in breast reduction surgery.
Performing breast reduction in Charlotte, NC, Dr. Beck removes excess fat and tissue to create a more proportionate, shapelier breast. The surgical approach and the incision placement will depend on your unique anatomy and aesthetic goals. Dr. Beck will use one of several possible surgical techniques.
What Is Recovery Like After Breast Reduction Surgery?
You can expect to return home on the day of surgery wearing a compression garment to help reduce swelling and help preserve the new, improved shape of your breasts. Most patients can return to work and normal activities in seven to 10 days after breast reduction in Charlotte, NC.
In the early stages of your recovery, you may experience some bruising, discomfort, and sensations of tightness or constriction. Use cold compresses at this time to relieve pain and reduce post-surgical swelling. Dr. Beck will prescribe medications to help manage your discomfort.
What Is the Cost of Breast Reduction Surgery?
The cost of breast reduction surgery is $10,000 – $13,000. This is the total price and includes ALL the fees for anything needed in your procedure such as the operating room, the anesthetics, or surgeon fees.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction?
Women with weighty, disproportionately large, or pendulous breasts may benefit from breast reduction surgery. This procedure is performed for medical as well as cosmetic reasons. Overly large breasts can cause pain, discomfort, and health problems.
You may be a good candidate for breast reduction in Charlotte, NC if:
- Your overall health is good
- You have reached or are close to your ideal weight
- You do not plan on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding soon
- You feel your breasts are overly large in proportion to your body
- You feel less confident and self-conscious because of disproportionately large breasts
- The weight of your breasts causes pain in your neck, back, and shoulders
- Heavy breasts pulling down on your bra straps have caused grooves to form in your shoulders
- You suffer from skin irritation or rashes in the creases of your breasts
- Your posture has been affected by the size and weight of your breasts
- Your overly large breasts make exercise and physical activities uncomfortable.
- Your breasts are both large and asymmetrical – one breast is larger than the other