What is a Restylane Treatment Like?
While individual treatment times will vary, typically the procedure takes less than an hour from start to finish, and involves:
- A private consultation to discuss the issues you want to resolve, whether lines and wrinkles, aging hands or lip filler in our Charlotte, NC office . This consultation will also allow us to review your medical history, your general health and evaluate the current condition of your skin.
- Your skin will be thoroughly cleaned prior to injections. If a local anesthetic is required, it will be applied for your comfort.
- Using an ultrafine needle, the clear Restylane gel is carefully injected into the treatment area.
- Your results are immediately visible, with wrinkles and lines smoothed, or lips looking healthy and plump, or hands that look more youthful.
What to Expect After Treatment with Restylane
There is no waiting for results – you will see improvements directly after treatment. Aftercare involves only a few directions:
- Avoid aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen) and some supplements, as these could increase bruising.
- Use cold compresses to reduce any swelling. Do not rub the treatment area.
- Avoid intense heat or cold.
- Side effects, when present, are mild. They may include swelling, redness, some pain or bruising. You may also experience tenderness or itching in the treatment area. In most cases, these side effects disappear in less than a week for treatments to the face and about two weeks for lip treatments.